My Journey

From mind to paper and back again.

Today is my Due Date

on November 8, 2012


And I am 4 weeks old tomorrow! 

The past 4 weeks have been life changing, from giving birth to a week in Neonatal, bringing Oliver home and watching him grow.  I wouldn’t change a minute of any of it and I’m sure neither would Andrew.


Oliver hasn’t been weighed yet this week as weigh in day at the health centre is tomorrow, but last Tuesday he was 6lb 8oz and already weighing more than his birth weight.  He has been discharged by the midwife and is just under the health visitor now.

We are taking our first trip out with him over night either tomorrow or Saturday (dependant on when the new front door is fitted) and are going to stay with my mum and step dad for the weekend so he can have visits with all the family in Manchester that he either hasn’t met yet or hasn’t seen since he was first born.  We are both looking forwards to it, Pepsi is getting a holiday too as she is going to stay with my nana over night so she will get a little break from Oliver and get lots of fuss too!

We’ve been busy this week as Oliver has bought all his Christmas pressies for his grandparents and great-grandparents and are going to collect them before collecting daddy from work.  We have also been to the doctors twice, I was ambushed again yesterday as I had my MMR (apparently I wasn’t immune, even though I have had it 3 times in the past) and also had the implant put back in.  When the doctor did that one she caught a vein and we ended up with roughly a pint and half of blood on the floor, so mummy feels a little like a pin cushion after all those needles and is rather bruised on the left side.  We took nana to the shops this morning and to get some new socks for Oliver as the only ones that don’t fall off are from the Gap.

Oliver has grown massively, when we first came home from the hospital at 5 days old, he was taking 30ml (roughly an ounce) every 3 hours day and night.  Now he takes 3.5 oz every 4 hours and sleeps for 8 hours at night.  In fact his last feed he went 5 hours but took a full 4 ounces and he isn’t a sickly baby so he doesn’t even bring any of it back up.  He is spending lots of time awake now instead of just waking up for a feed and going back to sleep so he is using more energy too. 

We have also opened his savings account with Barclays and put his pennies in from us  popping our change in a jar while I was pregnant (it’s amazing how much you can save by doing that at the end of every day). 

Tomorrow will be another busy day as we will be packing our little case for the weekend, the estate agents are coming to do the annual inspection and hopefully they will be coming to fit the new door too!

Since we have been so busy, I haven’t had much time for stitching, in fact I think I have only managed around 60 stitches which is something I could have done in 15 minutes before Oliver arrived so I am having to reassess how long charts will take me to stitch.  I know I will get more time as he gets older, but I won’t be giving up any cuddles while he is this small to finish things.  I have been stitching the castle on the free chart I posted about earlier in the week and have managed to finish the stone colour of it, so now need to stitch the windows and roofs before I can do the trees and then the backstitch.  This is what it looks like at the moment.


I hope everyone is well and enjoying their week.  I won’t be posting now until at least Sunday night so I hope you all have a good weekend! xxx


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: